Saturday, November 3, 2012

Daegu 3

Oct 25 took us to Busan (formerly spelled Pusan - there was much debate in the van about this) to upgrade more equipment.  We also went on a field trip to see the tomb of King Munmu.  The tomb is underwater and in the East Sea (Sea of Japan) so it was cool to see the ocean at least.  Sorry, no pictures of the tomb, because like I said, it's underwater.  All you see from the shore is rock sticking up out of the water.  One member of the team (MK) was particularly disappointed with this "monument" so we bounced.  I wanted to say this was the worst field trip idea EVAR but I kept my comments to myself.  I also had a killer headache and just wanted to gtfo back to the hotel.  Anyway we looked at the fish market that was there and tte seagulls flying around never swooped down to eat the drying fish and squid.  I think they knew better - we were convinced the Koreans would have slashed them out of the air, cooked them and sold them as "chicken fried rice" before the feathers hit the ground.  Downtown Busan is the biggest city after Seoul and we actually saw an Outback Steakhouse.  To improve on the first field trip we drove a short distance to a temple.  I thought it was going to be a real temple but it was two columns.  I guess the temple fell down a long time ago?  Strike two for the day.

Another stadium



Really heavy fog going South



CAISI in the wild

Yeah, all the way up there. 

















Dinner was from the Katusa snack bar on base: bulgogi and rice and yaki mandu - basically beef, rice, and potstickers.  And a giant gatorade.  Finally got to use some Won.




No comments:

Post a Comment