Saturday, November 3, 2012

Back to Seoul and the Dragon

Ok, work stuff first then some random thoughts.

Rode back North to the next duty station.  Mega traffic but that's to be expected.  Pictures:










One of the muffins from the other hotel. 


So, back at the Dragon for a little while.  The room is nice, I can't wait to pass out on the bed and there is a Pizza Hut and Subway in the lower level of the hotel.  My ONLY complaint.  The bathroom.  Okay, maybe that's more than you want to know so you can skip down if you want, but this blog is the real deal Holyfield so I'm telling it all.  They have a sticker on the toilet paper, I'm used to the folded triangle, but not the sticker.  If I didn't want the staff to think I took a "10-200" I could easily re-fold the paper.  But this is like they want to know when I drop the kids off at the pool, release the hostages, see a man about a horse.  Add to that terrible water pressure (the kind of water pressure you get from a public drinking fountain where the water dribbles out of the spout far enough to start drinking it but then slowly retreats back into the fountain trying to get you to put your lip on the dispenser where millions of dirty surely plague-infested mouths have been, and you're really thirsty but you don't want SARS or H1N1 with your beverage) and they just might know when you take a dump anyway.  If you catch my drift.





On another note, I visited the base's ER facilities.  The regular clinic isn't open on weekends.  The sore throat I've had all week (shakes fist at the Camp Walker Lodge) ended up in a viral infection.  Awesome.




Okay, random thoughts.  I heard Korea smelled from people that have been here.  I haven't noticed any smell.  Everything is really clean and everyone takes pride in what they do.  Whether it's the guy sweeping the floors, or the person making your sandwich at Subway.  Every piece of cheese is laid down with care and the slight bow you get when they hand you the food or your credit card is a nice moment of civility.  Up to this point I only really know "annyong haseyo" (good morning) "khamsa hamnida" (thank you) and "chun maneyo" (you're welcome), but I try to use them and be less of an ignorant American...  99% of the cars people drive here (and mostly men drive) are black, white, silver or grey.  They are all very clean and none have scratches or dents.  Just interesting. 

No sighting yet of Psy or Girls Generation.  But I'm keeping my eyes peeled.

No comments:

Post a Comment